Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: External Tables with Indexes
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At September 5, 2003, 14:03, cgar1136 wrote:

>> Yes - see Olivier Mascia's response to your posting - separate
>> database. You just need to add another database object to your
> Delphi
>> application and connect to it in run-time if and when required -
> assuming
>> you are using proper IB connectivity and not a single-transaction
> method
>> such as BDE or DBXpress.

> Thanx, but that means that at least one hundred of stored procedures
> would become useless because we need the historic table for
> calculations and reports and when we can make a single query and get
> all the results is really practic, and i dont know if i can make a
> query to 2 different DB's using stored procedures in one and a table
> in other.... could you send me an example of one of this query's?...
> we use IBObjects instead of IBX...

Querying data from 2 different databases from a single query is not
possible for the moment, maybe in a future version of Firebird(unknown
when). After rereading your original post, I can see why size is an
issue, you're still using IB 6. Upgrade to Firebird 1.x, the size
limitation on the physical file is gone(depending on the file system
used and hard-drive configuration), so basically if you have a 40GB
hard-drive, the database file can grow up to 40GB(for sure on NTFS and
the latest Linux kernels).

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail