Subject Re: how stable is FB re SPs ?
Author Alexander V.Nevsky
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Peppe Polpo"
<octopushole@y...> wrote:
> -- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...>
> wrote:
>
> > >Is there a way to see the expected value 2 ?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> the only way I could see the expected result (2) was exiting end
> reentering the tool.

Strange. I use mainly WISQL too and if I

a) alter second-level procedure and call first-level one in the same
connection
b) commit after each move

changes are always seen at once. Perhaps SuperServer (which I suppose
you use) and Classic have difference on this point. In Classic another
connections will use old instance until re-connect, I always thought
in Super too but I have no experience with it. I heared there is one
more trick for Super - recompile first-level procedure too after
changes is made in second-level one and other connections will use new
instance on subsequent calls. Not checked myself.

Best regards,
Alexander.