Subject Re: [firebird-support] Comparison with SAP
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At August 25, 2003, 16:17, hay77772000 wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience of SAP who could offer some
> comparisons? Performance, ease of use etc., etc.?

Sorry, I can't comment on SAP vs Firebird. I don't have SAP
experience.

> Please don't take this the wrong way, but some people I've talked to
> have been concerned about the "established-ness" of Firebird,
> especially in comparison to a db like SAP. Any comments?

Firebird is better established as one might think. Some that were
involved with the development of Interbase at Borland are now with the
Firebird team. And, if you want to know more about the history of
Firebird, take a look at the "Interbase Roadmap" found on Claudio's
website: http://www.cvalde.com/

Also, Firebird 1.5 is in the late steps of the release candidate
stage, and there should be one more release candidate before the final
release.

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail