Subject Re: Re: AW: [firebird-support] Firebird dbExpress driver from upscene.com
Author GOVINDKRISHNA
Thomas,

Maybe considered offtopic here.

But are you facing any problems with DBExpress itself.

The newsgroups in Borland seemed to be filled with grumbling about DBExpress.
Are you using DBExpress + upscene driver + Firebird in large applications succesfully.

gk

------------------Original Message-----------

From : Thomas Miller <tmiller@...>
To : firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Date : 12/08/2003 8:28:45 PM
Subject : Re: AW: [firebird-support] Firebird dbExpress driver from upscene.com

Extremely stable and fast enough. I don't get caught up in speed unless
it is super slow.
You can always speed things up.

No bugs that I am aware of. It usually takes less then two weeks to get
a bug fix. Of course
this was the week Martijn was rolling out a new version of DB
Workbench. Most of the time
it is a couple of work days.

As far as support, there is really nothing to support. dbExpress
support is handled by Borland
and the news groups. If something doesn't work the dbExpress way, then
report it to Upscene,
they test it so see if it is a bug in the driver or a "feature" in
dbExpress, and provide a fix when
appropriate.

I have no complaints and recommend the driver and the company.

Marc Geldon wrote:

>Mmmhh ok thanks. But is it stable and fast? Has it many bugs? How's the support?
>

>best wishes,
>
>Marc
>

>-----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----

Thomas Miller