Subject AW: [firebird-support] Work with 2 SQLs or more
Author Marc Geldon
That's not what I want. The SQL where only a example (ok a very bad example). What I want is I send 2 SQL to the Interbase Server. He should run the first SQL and the second SQL should work with the results from the first. Know what I mean?

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes,

Marc

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Martijn Tonies [mailto:m.tonies@...]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 13. August 2003 09:28
An: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Betreff: Re: [firebird-support] Work with 2 SQLs or more

Hi Marc,

> Is it possible to give the result from the first SQL to the next? For
example. My first SQL select all article where the sales volume is greater
then 30.000 EUR

> SELECT * FROM ARTICLE WHERE SALES_VOLUME >= 30.000;
>
> Now I want to work with the result / data from SQL1 in my next SQL (SQL2).
For example.... something like:

> SELECT FIELD1, FIELD3 FROM "SQL1" WHERE FIELD4 = "ABC"
>
> I want to do another query / selection on the results from SQL1. Is that
possible? If yes, how?

Why not:

select field1, field3 from article where sales_volumne >=30000
and field4 = 'ABC'

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase & Firebird
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com