Subject Re: [firebird-support] Connection issues
Author Helen Borrie
At 02:41 PM 29/07/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi all
>
>I have an IB6 app on W2K which has been running OK for years
>
>All clients suddenly cannot connect anymore with INET/inet_error 10061
>type problems.
>
>On The Server I can connect without an IP address and with the server's
>Ip address OK but not using 127.0.0.1 thus IB is running OK and the db is OK
>
>ie :
>
>D:\data\database.gdb works
>192.168.1.1:d:\data\database.gdb works

Is the above the network address that the clients connect to?

>127.0.0.1:d:\data\database.gdb does not work (did some months ago when last
>tried)

Is there an entry in the server's HOSTS file for 127.0.0.1 localhost?

>The network people say everything is OK but I think not - any pointers
>as I feel there is something wrong with the network but am not sure
>where to start.

If you're not using DHCP on the network, get the client users to look at
their HOSTS files for an entry for the server. If you are using DHCP, get
the network people to test the configuration.

Also have them ensure that port 3050 is listening on both the server and
the clients.

Get the client users to ping the server's IP address.

heLen