Subject Re: [firebird-support] Select for update with lock
Author Julio Cesar
do u use IBX??

Julio Cesar
julio_gyn@...
ICQ: 149863922
Grafcenter Informática LTDA.
Sistemas de Gestão Comercial

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jean Derrie Rigo" <rigo@...>
To: <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 11:02 AM
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Select for update with lock

The transaction is nowait mode...
I expected to get a deadlock. But nothing happen, the other select for
update with lock works where I expected the deadlok (it's looks like there
is no Lock on the record's)... But if I try to do a update sql statement the
deadlock occurrs... So why don't occurrs when I make the select for update
with lock???

I don't understand. The ideia of select for update with lock is the
pessimistic lock. I thing that when I do one select for update with lock, I
will get one deadlok if I try to do another one on the other transaction!!!

Jean Derrie Rigo
rigo@...