Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Creating a view
Author Helen Borrie
At 08:51 AM 7/07/2003 -0300, Daniel Rail wrote:

> > CREATE VIEW is an SQL statement. So you don't *save* it, you commit it!
>
>Disregard, what I just posted. I understand the question now. You
>are right Helen, I think the only step he's missing is to COMMIT the
>view. And, when he sees the compile was successful, he should be
>seeing the COMMIT button on that form.

Here's maybe what's happening - I don't have IBExpert, so I can only
guess. He is using some tool for writing/editing scripts, without
understanding that you actually have to RUN a script in order to create the
objects in the database...It's odd that he's referring to "compiling a
view", too, since you don't compile views.

Anyway - potted HowTo on DDL scripts:

1. Write the script.
2. Run it.
3. If commits weren't included in the script, commit the script.
4. Save the script coz it makes great documentation.
5. Go to your database object inspector and verify that the objects in the
script were created.
6. Go to your interactive SQL window and do
SELECT * FROM MyView.

:-))
heLen