Subject Re: [firebird-support] Digest Number 1584
Author Anand
Message: 5
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 20:26:56 +1000
From: Helen Borrie <helebor@...>
Subject: Re: Re: Creating a view

CREATE VIEW is an SQL statement. So you don't *save* it, you
commit
it!

heLen

That got me thinking how I could 'Save' the view definition into
the database. My problem lies with the front-end IBExpert,
which neither lets me save the view definition with the
database, nor lets me 'commit' it.

I found that after compiling the View definition in IBExpert, I
can launch the 'SQL Editor', copy and paste the View definition
into the 'SQL Editor' and then Execute and Commit it through the
SQL Editor.

Just posting this for clarification and help to similar
problems.

Thanks,

Anand