Subject Re[2]: [firebird-support] confiable backup?
Author Andy Goodchild
Hello Artur and all,

AA> 1) For now
AA> The only way to test if you have a reliable backup it's to restore it.
I agree and make a habit of this. However it is a pain for customers
to do woh do not have a DBA. For them I use scripts and good the
windows scheduler. However I have just found a reference to a backup
utility that can run as a service and do automatic restore to test for
validity. Here is the URL : http://www.is.svitonline.com/ddking/
I have no idea if it does what it says it does but somebody might be
intrested.
AA> 2) What it should be.
AA> Yes, it should be different. At the time we have a backup, it should be
AA> reliable and 'restorable'.
I know that there is another backup/Restore utility out there that
does not use Gbak. It was written by an Australian but I seem to
have lost the reference for it at present. If anyone else knows about
it maybe they could post the URL for intrested parties.
--
Best regards,
Andy