Subject Re: [ib-support] Re: encode in Linux red hat
Author Andy Browne
Hi Ronaldo,

1) Does this problem occur on ALL clients or just the Windows or Linux ones ?

2) What language do you have defined for the server and Linux machines ?

3) What is the default language for the Windows machines ?

The database should encode and decode separately but this may be a display
problem rather than how the data is being held. The character set is defined in
the table definition, that is why I think this is a display problem.

In other words your systems don't know how to handle those special characters
like 'ç', or 'é', or 'ã', these are usually defined in language sets.

Andy