Subject Re: [ib-support] Linux file system
Author paul
On Monday 05 May 2003 21:29, A6-CMO Philippe Makowski wrote:
> wich linux file system is better for firebird databases ?
> ext2, ext3, ReiserFS ?

I haven't done any serious investigation into this but I'd say that ReiferFS
is probably not recommended. It is optimised for small files.

ext3 will give faster recovery times over ext2, especially if you have to
reboot frequently.

You might want to take a look at XFS (I think that's the one). It was
developed by Silicon Graphics for large files, although the large files they
use were video, not databases.

Paul
--
Paul Reeves