Subject RE: [ib-support] Writing to external files
Author Alan McDonald
not sure what you are getting at here..
if you create your external table ...
then do
insert into externaltable (field1, field2, etc) select (field1, field2 etc
from internaltable

wouldn't that do it for you?
Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Louis Kleiman [mailto:lkleiman@...]
Sent: Saturday, 29 March 2003 3:22 PM
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [ib-support] Writing to external files

Well, I answered my own question and reverse engineered it. Man does FB 1.5
load data fast. I loaded 1,000,000 records (8 integer fields and 1 double
precision) in 26 seconds. I can write that same file in about 19 seconds.
Yes, total data transfer of 1,000,000 records in 45 seconds.

I think I will work on a Delphi component that can natively write a dataset
to a native FB external file format. Anyone interested?

Louis Kleiman

SSTMS, Inc.