Subject RE: [ib-support] IB Vs FB Clients
Author Alan McDonald
Is there an application query I can make to ascertain the client dll the
application is using? I'm thinking of having some mechanism to detect the
client setup being correct in a mixed IB/FB client environment. for example
I can get the server properties and display that on a help about screen..
what about client properties?
Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan McDonald [mailto:alan@...]
Sent: Sunday, 23 March 2003 11:27 AM
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ib-support] IB Vs FB Clients

I'm about to deploy an application using FB. With regard to the clients, if
they already use an IB server and thus already have gds32.dll in their
system dir. When I deploy this new application with FBClient.dll and the
redirect gds32.dll, do I just put these new clients in the application dir
or does the old gds32.dll work on new fb servers. I know the client is bound
to change in the future but are they identical at this time?
thanks
Alan