Subject RE: [ib-support] Blob Fields any gotchas
Author Alan McDonald
what page size have you set the db to ?
this sometimes happens when you leave it to the default (smallest) 1024 or
2048 - if so move it to 4096 min or 8124

Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: gkrishna@... [mailto:gkrishna@...]
Sent: Friday, 21 March 2003 6:01 PM
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Fwd: [ib-support] Blob Fields any gotchas

Running FB 1.0 build 794 on windows 2000 SP3.
IBO 4.2H

Occasionally (maybe once in 10 days) during operation the database will get
corrupted.
This is always on a BLOB field.
If i run gfix with mend and then run gbak to backup and restore.
it says gds$segment failed trying to read more sectors than required on blob
field

I am using IBO to do access the database. There is a blob field in a table
and there are lot of records there. Some of the quite large.

I am sure there must be something wrong in what i am doing. But got no clue
on how to address it.

Any tips or gotchas with blob fields that I should be aware of.
Any wild guess?

gk

(I had posted this in ib-support, Lester suggested that i move it here)