Subject Re: [ib-support] Re: General Multi-User Architecture Question
Author Helen Borrie
At 11:38 PM 19/03/2003 +0000, you wrote:

>As you correctly point out, the app will have to load across the wire
>every time it is loaded. The problem I have with that is our target
>environment: a mix of 100 MBps, 10 Mbps and WAN. The WAN can be as
>slow as dial-up. So loading the app across the WAN will simply not be
>a workable solution.

Not just that: WAN clients via dialup won't be a "goer" with
client/server, except possibly for occasional one-way traffic (e.g. to
peform a daily batch upload, download, replication, etc.) Without SSH
tunnelling, it's also inherently insecure. For interactive WAN clients,
n-tier is the only workable option.

heLen