Subject RE: [ib-support] Re: Problem installing Firebird 1.5
Author Stephen Wood
Thanks Helen and Thomas,

Thomas, that's exactly my problem, the service "Display" name (sorry if I
caused confusiong), I already tried that and renamed the existing FB 1.0
display name to something else, and the FB1.5 installed perfectly....

So my options are:
A) Change the display name before I start installing FB1.5, or
B) Check if FB1.0 is installed, then rename the display name, install
FB1.5, rename FB1.5 display name, then rename the existing FB1.0 display
name back to the original....not elegant, but it could work....

I'll try firebird-devel though as Helen suggested....

Thanks guys and gals...

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Steinmaurer [mailto:ts@...]
Sent: 17 March 2003 09:40
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [ib-support] Re: Problem installing Firebird 1.5

Stephen,

> Does anyone have any answers for my questions below....the most important
> question I need answered is question 1....How do I set the Firebird
Service
> name before installing the service, because if FB1.0 is already installed
> and I try install FB 1.5, the service names conflict....
>
> Two questions:
> 1) How can I rename the FB 1.5 service name to something else before
> install the service?

The *real* service names are already different.

FB 1.0:
InterBaseGuardian
InterBaseServer

FB 1.5:
FirebirdGuardian
FirebirdServer

Try to change the service *display* names of Firebird 1.0 to something
like "Firebird 1.0 Guardian" and "Firebird 1.0 Server", and see if this
helps.

> 2) Where can I get a list of command line parameters for the
"instreg"
> and "instsvc" executables, or are the only parameters available the ones
> that it gives you when you don't provide any?

Yes.

HTH,
Thomas Steinmaurer
http://www.iblogmanager.com <http://www.iblogmanager.com>