Subject Re: Is this a firebird bug ?
Author mk_delphi
Hi Carlos,
Can you try a backup/restore and then redo the test?
Sometime I got this kind of error, "conversion error from string
xxxx"
on application working fine for months, the message seem
without any sense..... after backup/restore the same command work
fine!
Ciao!

--- In ib-support@yahoogroups.com, "Carlos H. Cantu"
<warmbooter@w...> wrote:
> I'm getting :
>
> Incompatible column/host variable data type.
> Dynamic SQL Error.
> SQL error code = -303.
> conversion error from string "30-MAY-2000".
>
> inside a stored procedure that is executing the following command :
>
> select first 1 p.peso,p.altura
> from peso p
> where (p.brinco = :Brinco) and ((p.data - :dNasc) <= 20)
> order by p.brinco,p.data
> into :Peso0, :Altura0;
>
> 30-may-2000 is the content of dNasc variable that is defined as
DATE.