Subject Re: [ib-support] GSEC problems with FirebirdSS-1.0.2.908 on Debian linux
Author Paul Reeves
Roman Bobnar wrote:
> Ater installing firebird on Debian linux (unstable), I get an error trying to run gsec. The error is:
>
> connection rejected by remote interface
> unable to open database
>
> I receive this error right after a clean install. I'm familiar with Interbase and I got Interbase up an running with no problems, but I can't get gsec to work with Firebird. I am logged in as root, but I still get the above error. I've tried numerous things, to no avail. Any insights into this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I'd double check the version you installed. There was a build problem
with the initial release of Fb 1.0.2-908. The correct build will have
2003 file dates and -1 after the build number, like this:

FirebirdSS-1.0.2.908-1.64IO.tar.gz

If the problem exists with that build let us know.

Paul
--

Paul Reeves
http://www.ibphoenix.com