Subject Re: [ib-support] Re: ACCESS clone with Firebird
Author Paul Reeves
Didier Gasser-Morlay wrote:

> Yes, but there were quite recently a number of discussions on this
> list regarding the lack of stability/functionalities of ODBC driver
> both freeware & commercial. So I feel I am a bit stuck here

As far as I know both the main commercial ones (easysoft and gemini)
work well with Access. They are under constant development and I'm sure
the developers would respond quickly to bug reports.

The two open source drivers (ibphoenix and xtg) are open source - the
code is there to debug and enhance. The money saved on licences can be
directed to financially sponsoring a developer to fix a problem. If you
don't have an in-house developer then it is easy to hire one. Just
choose a driver and talk to us or xtg.

The real problem with odbc drivers (os and commercial) is that everyone
would like them to work flawlessly and be free to deploy.

Paul
--

Paul Reeves
http://www.ibphoenix.com