Subject Re: [ib-support] Re: Execute stored procedure in select query
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:49 PM 9/03/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>The type of field multipack is Varchar(1), so only one character can
>I store there. I store there Y or N (so uppercase).

You mean char(1), right? How can you have a varchar(1)?

>In my program I have an edit component, where the user can insert the
>search text.
>
>I want to let the form work general. So I don't want to show 2 radio
>buttons with the text Yes and No when the user select the search area
>field (a combobox, which tell the system where it must search, in
>which column from the table): Multipack.

Why not a checkbox labelled 'Multipack'? Then, the code that assigns the
parameters for your search just says

if Checkbox1.Checked then
param_multipack = 'Y'
else
param_multipack = 'N'

(It's even simpler than this if you are using Delphi/CPPB and IBO...)

heLen