Subject RE: [ib-support] Re: Maximum Capacity
Author Alan McDonald
But Paul,
when (if) they carried you away, I can imagine your CEO standing, arms
crossed, hand on chin, shaking head slowly, murmuring softly... "This Oracle
thing is REAL software"

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Reeves [mailto:paul@...]
Sent: Friday, 28 February 2003 5:19 PM
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [ib-support] Re: Maximum Capacity

Aage Johansen wrote:
> Paul Reeves wrote:
> >
> > Alan McDonald wrote:

> > > I suspect that once this limit is passed and a very heavy investment
has
> > > been committed, it would be hard to turn around and tell the CEO that
> "we're
> > > just going to put a free, open source database server on it".
> > >

> > IBPhoenix are always ready to prepare a special support contract to
> > match the expectations of this sort of CEO. We can even supply someone
> > in a white coat to do the installation, if it helps :-)
>

> I think the CEO might be reluctant to pay the 'white coat' any
> significant money for the installation as it usally takes about 5
> minutes (including coffee and chit-chat).

Under Win32 and Linux this is true, but Alan was talking about an
expensive, top of the range system, so who knows...

Anyway, installation really shouldn't be an issue on any system. It is
one of the design goals to make Firebird installation and configuration
a no-brainer.

I remember spending some time trying to set Oracle up on a Linux box.
After a few days I really did need the men in white coats - to come and
take me away!

Paul
--

Paul Reeves