Subject Re: [ib-support] DELPHI Component to connect Firebird with ADO
Author Helen Borrie
At 08:59 AM 28/02/2003 +0700, Meta Nurwidyanto wrote:
>try ibobjects, with ADO u might still need to install odbcjdbc for firebird
>
>--m
>
>On Thursday 27 February 2003 22:04, Huseyin Ozgul wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Do you know any Delphi Component to connect Firebird
> > with ADO

No, IB Objects won't help you to connect using ADO. IBO is direct-to-API
connection - it doesn't use ODBC or OLE-DB in any shape, form or fashion.

I echo Martijn's advice - use the ADO components in the Delphi VCL. You
will need an ODBC or OLE-DB driver to set up your data store. For more
information, go to the appropriate Borland delphi newsgroup. For ODBC
drivers, go to www.ibphoenix.com Downloads > Contributed

heLen