Subject Re: FB Error and something strange
Author Michael Vilhelmsen <Michael.Vilhelmsen@M
Aahhh..

Forgot to tell, that from a client PC in can connect the the DB
locatted on the server, and I can do some (smaller) operations,
before I get disconnected.
When diconnected the error

INTERNAL GDS SOFTWARE .....

is in the LOG file.

But still I can't connect to the DB on the server itself !

Strange ?!

Michael

--- In ib-support@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Vilhelmsen
<Michael.Vilhelmsen@M...>" <Michael.Vilhelmsen@M...> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a customer and at his site we have 1 server running Windows
> 2000 with FB 1.0 installed.
> Besides they have 6 clients.
> They are all in a LAN.
> The clients run Windows 98 or 98SE.
>
> My DB has gotten corrupted.
> In the log file, this message is found a lot:
>
> INTERNAL GDS SOFTWARE CONSISTENCY CHECK ( cannot find record back
> version (291) )
>
> I then connected to my customers PC (using PC-AnyWhere).
> From there I accesses the server (as I have done often on other
> customers PC).
> The server has just been restarted, and the only other client
started
> was mine (PC-AnyWhere client).
> On the server I TRIED to do this:
>
> GFix -mend -user SYSDBA -password masterkey c:\Data\MyDB.GDB
> GBak - CREATE -v -user SYSDBA -password masterkey "BackupDB" "NEWDB"
>
> Both of the above gave
>
> Unavailable database.
> I then tried just connecting to the firebird via a program called
> AdminTool.
> Upon login I got a message saying:
> Cannot locate service (or something like that).
>
> I was then forced to copy the DB from the server to the client PC.
> On the client PC I (finally) managed to get my customer to install
> Firebird.
> Then LOCALLY i ran GFix -mend.
> Completed telling med, there were 5 record error (Which means ?).
>
> After that I ran GBak -t -v etc etc. to make a backup of my DB.
> It completed with no error.
>
> Then I have just started GBak -Create etc etc which is running at
the
> moment.
> But this is going to take forever to complete since the machine is
> 300 MHz with only 64 Mb RAM and a slow HDD, but eventually it will
> complete.
>
> What I don't understand in all this is:
>
> 1.
> Why can't I run GBak or GFix on the server ?
>
> 2.
> Why CAN i run GBak or GFix locally (of course because it all
works!).

> 3.
> Why does the error in the LOG appear (INTERNAL GDS
SOFTWARE ......) ?