Subject Re: [ib-support] Firebird Super Server 1.0 on linux
Author Helen Borrie
At 02:25 PM 25/02/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have Firebird Super Server 1.0.0.796 rpm installed on a redhat 7.3
>server.
>
>I can run the server and IBconsole various versions 1.0.0.326 on windows
>can all make contact, log in to the server etc. it will initially show
>the database properties, tables etc. then I get SQL error -901 function
>not supported. From then on I cannot see any of the properties of the
>database.
>
>Any ideas or thoughts gratefully accepted.

Most likely your IBConsole has the IB 6 version of gds32.dll in its home
directory. If you find it does, just rename it or delete it, and make
IBConsole look for it in your System directory (assuming you do have the
Firebird client installed in the client machine, of course).

A better alternative is to use a different admin program. Unlike the rest,
IBConsole has never been maintained to keep up with Firebird features. See
the Contributed Downloads at www.ibphoenix.com

heLen