Subject Re: [ib-support] Survival of Prepared state was Re: just if you are curious
Author Phil Shrimpton
On Monday 24 February 2003 00:34, you wrote:

Hi,

> AFAIK, JDBC does not have a "CommitRetaining" function.
> if I understand correctly). A connection url switch to toggle commit
> retaining function
> might be useful in this case,

Using CommitRetaining does have some 'issues' surrounding it, as it reuses
the 'old' transaction, and prevents the oldest transaction from 'moving on',
causing performance issues down the line.

I have always consided CommitRetaining to be a last resort, and only then if
I can issue a 'real' commit shortly afterwards.

Phil
--
Linux 2.4.4-4GB
7:59am up 41 days, 13:48, 1 user, load average: 0.40, 0.11, 0.03