Subject Re: [ib-support] Error while connecting the firebird database
Author Helen Borrie
At 03:52 PM 18/02/2003 +0530, you wrote:
>Hello,
> When i connect my application to the interbase , my application works
>fine without any error message.Now i installed Firebird 1.0 and tried to
>connect the same application with the firebird 1.0, (same database) i am
>getting the error message.
>
>Sql error code - 204
>Ambiguous Fieldname Between Table USERACCESS and table
>SUBMENUITEMS MENUITEMINDEX
>

>What could be the problem and how to solve this problem?

Firebird fixed an InterBase bug which permitted ambiguous syntax on
multi-table queries. Find the offending SQL statement and alter it so that
all columns referred to are fully qualified, either by table names or by
aliases.

So, for example, if the old SQL were:

select colA, colB from USERACCESS
JOIN SUBMENUITEMS ON ColX = MENUITEMINDEX
order by MENUITEMINDEX

you could correct it with

select ua.colA, smi.colB
from USERACCESS ua
JOIN SUBMENUITEMS smi
ON ua.ColX = smi.MENUITEMINDEX
order by smi.MENUITEMINDEX

or the equivalent using fully qualified column names.

heLen