Subject RE: [ib-support] Utility to find slow queries?
Author Alan McDonald
adding more indexes may not be the way to go (in fact it could make it
worse)
Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: M Patterson, Multinail
[mailto:mpatterson@...]
Sent: Tuesday, 18 February 2003 3:34 PM
To: IB Support
Subject: [ib-support] Utility to find slow queries?

Hi,

We're having trouble with a slow query, in the midst of a large numbero
fqueries
being run when out app starts. One option is top split the largest table
into 2
with identical definition so that the historical stuff is not involved, but
feel sure there is a better way, using the right indexing or redesigning the
queries.

Is there any help avaiable for that, like an on-line tutorial? We are using
the
december '02. Also, are their any profling apps that would indicate which
queries need the attention?

I don't know much about the internal structuer of the tables and indexes to
know
how to ask this question more knowledgeably. I may need to ask a lot of dumb
questions. But we have already put on a number of indexes.

Regards,

Mark