Subject Re: [ib-support] Utility to find slow queries?
Author Helen Borrie
At 02:34 PM 18/02/2003 +1000, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>We're having trouble with a slow query, in the midst of a large numbero
>fqueries
>being run when out app starts. One option is top split the largest table
>into 2
>with identical definition so that the historical stuff is not involved, but I
>feel sure there is a better way, using the right indexing or redesigning the
>queries.
>
>Is there any help avaiable for that, like an on-line tutorial? We are
>using the
>december '02. Also, are their any profling apps that would indicate which
>queries need the attention?
>
>I don't know much about the internal structuer of the tables and indexes
>to know
>how to ask this question more knowledgeably. I may need to ask a lot of dumb
>questions. But we have already put on a number of indexes.

Mark,
The better the info you supply by way of problem description, the better
the solution is.

A good place to start would be to provide a sample of the SQL for one of
your slow queries. Inappropriate SQL is a very common cause of bad
performance. Not clear what you mean by "the internal structure of the
tables and indexes".

regards,
heLen