Subject Re: Linux FB 1.02 gbak error: the answer
Author Didier Gasser-Morlay <Didiergm@nordnet.f
answering my own question ...

on one machine I had (god knows why) some of the variables from the
init.d/firebird script exported namely :
ISC_USER=sysdba
ISC_PASSWORD was not exported
and there was, also a variable '_=ISC_USER' visible when doing a SET
command.

removing those variables made all of the above work happily

Hope this can help someone,
and thanks to Bert for his help
Didier
--- In ib-support@yahoogroups.com, "Didier Gasser-Morlay