Subject Re: [ib-support] Changing metadata in a production database
Author sboyd@amtelecom.net
I have to do this all the time as our database schema is always
changing. As long as you are careful not to drop anything that is
used in a stored procedure or trigger you shouldn't have any problems.
I never have.

Having said that, I always make sure that I have a good backup before
I start messing about. It also helps the make sure that no one is
attached to the database in question. That avoids a lot of annoying
"object is in use" errors.

Steve Boyd