Subject Re: [ib-support] Firebird & OOo
Author William L. Thomson Jr.
Art,

On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 18:46, Art Fore wrote:
> Sorry if I am confused, but the website is also confusing. On the
> download of Firebird, then the installation installs it in
> /opt/interbase. There is also a download for interclient and most of the
> documenation mentions this, although it is interbase documentation. Now
> I find out Jaybird is actually the Firebird-jca-jdbc! Thanks for the
> info BTW.

JayBird was determined as the official name for the Firebird-jca-jdbc
driver a few months back.

Till then it was very confusing. Actually it's still a little confusing.
;)

> Tried what you said, but no luck. Probably not got the EXACT syntax
> which seams impossible to find.

Find out what error you are getting. Have you set up a Firebird
datasource yet?

My problem is the error I get says no Java installed. Despite that I do
have Java installed. A RH 8.0 issue.

> Will try the java list but don't hold out much hope.

I will continue to help you there. We just won't be burdening the rest
of the IB-Support list subscribers with our Java/OO talk.

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.