Subject Re: [ib-support] Best character set
Author Svein Erling Tysvaer
Hello again, Salvatore (just answered you in ibobjects@yahoogroups.com).

I can confirm that ISO8859_1 works OK at least with Norwegian characters
(we have three characters not found in the English language). However, we
create an uppercase equivalent column rather than using insensitive
collation. IBO makes this very easy - set one property and your column is
sorted using the uppercased column, but with the proper-cased column displayed.

HTH,
Set