Subject RE: [ib-support] About Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability
Author Alan McDonald
don't be disheartened.... they're wrong about MySQL, they're wrong about
MSSQL but they're right about Oracle... it's not Open Source..

-----Original Message-----
From: Martijn Tonies [mailto:m.tonies@...]
Sent: Wednesday, 5 February 2003 7:28 PM
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [ib-support] About Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and
Durability

> Congratulations Paul, indeed they did update their site and removed
> Firebird from their comparison! That tells a lot, doesn't it? Anyone know
> whether dbexperts is a big distributor of PostgreSQL or just a minor
> company having chewed too much?

They're still saying the same of IB - which is also plain wrong :)

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
InterBase Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase & Firebird
Firebird Workbench - the developer tool for Firebird
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

"This is an object-oriented system.
If we change anything, the users object."

> Set
>
> At 17:24 04.02.2003 +0000, you wrote:
> >At 10:46 PM 2/4/2003 +1100, Alan McDonald wrote:
> > >still there
> > >http://www.dbexperts.net/documentation/comparison
> >

> >I sent them an e-mail, below is the response.
> >
> >Dear Mr Paul Beach
> >
> >Thanks for the information. We will be updating our site to be accurate
with
> >the new information.
> >
> >Regards
> >
> >Robert Stern

Firebird,
> >this is pretty much all wrong.
> >1. There are versions of Firebird for, Solaris, FreeBSD, AIX, HP-UX,
MacOS,