Subject Re: [ib-support] About Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability
Author Paul Beach
At 10:46 PM 2/4/2003 +1100, Alan McDonald wrote:
>still there
>http://www.dbexperts.net/documentation/comparison

I sent them an e-mail, below is the response.

Dear Mr Paul Beach

Thanks for the information. We will be updating our site to be accurate with
the new information.

Regards

Robert Stern

----- Original Message -----
From: info@...
To: info@...
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 3:21 PM
Subject: dbExperts - Contact

Contact

Company
Name Paul Beach
Position CEO
Telephone +44 1844 354465
E-mail pbeach@...
Information Requested
Comments Re. http://www.dbexperts.net/documentation/comparison And Firebird,
this is pretty much all wrong.
1. There are versions of Firebird for, Solaris, FreeBSD, AIX, HP-UX, MacOS,
Sinix as well as Linux and Windows.
2. Features and ACID - Firebird supports ACID transactions, if you want to
argue the point feel free.
3. Concurrent Transactions - Perhaps you can tell me what you mean here?
If it means what I think it means, then YES Firebird supports multiple
concurrent transactions all at the same time.
4. SQL 99 is supported where applicable, cf the Stored Procedure Language
which is more compliant with SQL 99 than most other Stored Procedure
implementations.
5. There is a free open source ODBC driver, plus JDBC Driver, plus .NET
driver.

All in all you get about 2/10 for accuracy.

Regards
Paul

Paul Beach
Main Tel (UK):+44 (0) 1844 354465