Subject Re: Information on serious issues with different ODBC drivers
Author mgastde <michael.gast@web.de>
Hi Alan,

--- In ib-support@yahoogroups.com, "Alan McDonald" <alan@m...> wrote:
> As Aage says, the Gemini driver does say that it is for Firebird.
> Don't know where you got your info.

From the Gemini website. There Aleksey Karyakin claims to be
compatible with Firebird RC2 but he does not say anything about
release 1.0.0 and 1.0.2. Directly answered via email he told me that
he did not make tests with version 1.0.2 but that the driver works
with version 1.0.0.

> On the other hand, I too have found that the gemini driver is the
one
> which gives me least problems but I do not as yet use it in
> production.

Good and bad news in one sentence :-) Why do you not use the Gemini
driver in production?

> I still use the Intersolv driver for dialect 1 databases. I have
> recently written to gemini to ask a few questions. I only want to
> use it for connection with ASP web pages. I don't know any other way
> to connect using ASP than with an ODBC driver, if there is another I
> would love to know.
> What are you using the ODBC driver for - I mean to connect what
> client?

It's a special interface program written by another company to
establish an interconnection between SAP R/3, a proprietary inventory
management system and our production control system. Actually, we are
using the Easysoft driver. But is does not work correctly as i
described in the initial posting for this thread.

We will soon start some deeper testing with the Gemini driver in our
customers environment.

Best regards
Michael Gast