Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Views getting corrupt
Author Paul Reeves
On Monday 29 December 2003 11:34, nols_smit wrote:
> I recreated the corrupt views and then I took Backup and restored the
> database (using IBManager 3.6.5.1). In this process 9 views again
> gone corrupt.

Views cannot become corrupt. They are simply SQL statements that can look,
smell and act like tables. However, at all times they remain SQL
statements. If there is a problem it is with the data in the tables that
the View is trying to access.

What happens when you execute the raw SQL statements? (ie, the select part
that you use as part of the view definition.) You ought to be able to
pinpoint which tables and (more importantly) which rows have the problem
data.

Paul
--
Paul Reeves