Subject Re: [firebird-support] problem with cache/buffers.
Author Sergio Lenzi
On Saturday 13 December 2003 11:38, Dmitry Yemanov wrote:
> Sergio,
>
> > But... when I try to extract a cross
> > listing from several table using select a,b,c inner join d
> > join x ... (that
> > is: a query that makes several relationships...) the program
> > aborts with an error type 6 that states:
> > "number of page buffers for cache required"
>
> You have (a) an invalid query which is rejected by FB 1.5 and (b) old/wrong
> messages file which doesn't contain appropriate new error messages. Perform
> valid full or client-only installation of FB 1.5 RC7 on your win98 box and
> you'll see valid and understandable error message. I bet you improperly use
> grouping and sorting in your query.
>

> Dmitry

Ok Dmitry... very thanks for the "tip"... You know, I am good on UNIX but not
on windows...

I was hired by a company that has having problems with interbase slow response
time and windows file corruption... My proposal solution is FreeBSD box
version 5.2 running firebird 1.5... hardware amd duron 2.0Ghz with 512MB of
ram and 30Gb of disk.. will be more than 200 boxes...

The initial tests shows very fast.. my only problem is those queries...

I guess the programmers have to write a more "ansi" sql...

Sergio