Subject RES: [firebird-support] Re: Dumb Question
Author chumlyii
What I was looking for was something along the lines of

isql -user sysdba -password XXXXXXXX -input
d:\bgt\select_from_table.sql -output d:\bgt\results.bgt
d:\bgt\site_cem\nycem_fire.fdb

This will let me run a script such as one created by

select 'select max(id) '||RDB$RELATION_NAME||
'from '||RDB$RELATION_NAME||';' from RDB$RELATIONS
where RDB$RELATION_NAME not like ('RDB$%')

Which will create the script

select max(id) APPROVAL_STATUS from APPROVAL_STATUS ;
select max(id) APPROVAL_STATUS_LEGEND from APPROVAL_STATUS_LEGEND;
select max(id) ASSAY from ASSAY ;
select max(id) ASSAY_FIXED_VALUE from ASSAY_FIXED_VALUE ;
And another 60 lines

I hate to type so I like the DB to write as much of my code as
possible. I can run this with the abouve ISQL command but I have not
found a GUI tool that has this fuctionality (HINT, HINT)

Thanks for all the help
Barry

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Joao Neto" <joao_neto@s...>