Subject Re: [firebird-support] Error System 31 with FireBird 1.5 RC7, XTG ODBC, WIN NT Server or Win98
Author Yves Glodt
On Saturday 06 December 2003 14:10, Enrico wrote:
> Hi to all,
> i have an ASP application that use XTG ODBC Driver for access to
> FireBird Database.
>
> If the Server S.O. are Win 2k or Win XP all work fine but on WIN NT
> Server or WIN98 when my application try to make the connection to my
> DataBase i see this error: "Specified driver could not be loaded due
> to system error 31"
>
> Attention: if i install on the server FireBird 1.0.3 all work fine
> also on WIN NT Server and WIN98.
>
> Anyone have some information on this ?

Could it be that the xtg-driver needs gds32.dll which IIRC FB1.5 does
not install by default...
You can try to add c:\program files\firebird\bin to the system path, ort
copy fbclient.dd & gds32.dll to %windir%\system32

or...

I recommend you to use the ibphoenix odbc since it is developed actively
and works very good. The xtg driver seems to be dead, and the author/
company does not respond to email asking about it...
Firebird-odbc list: firebird-odbc-devel@...

regards,
Yves