Subject RE: [firebird-support] lost connection in Freebsd and Linux servers
Author Bogdan Mugerli
We've had the same problem (WIN 2000)
and it turns out that it was a network problem

Regards
Bogdan Mugerli

-----Original Message-----
From: Administrador Servidor Internet
[mailto:administrador@...]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 1:20 PM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] lost connection in Freebsd and Linux servers

> Anything (special) in the server log?

Hi Martijn !

Not, anything in my server log.

My client (compiled by Delphi) say:

"Unsuccessfull execution caused by a system error that precludes successfull
execution of subsequents staments.
Unable to complete network request to host "192.168.0.70".
Error reading data for connection .
Unknown Win32 error 10054 "

I just run the Firebird process in a Windows 98 server and works well.

Thanks again.

roberto

Martijn Tonies wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I have problem with my Firebird 1.0.2 (Linux binary) that run under
> > FreeBSD 4.8 (with Linux emulation) and the native FreeBSD Firebird
> > version under FreeBSD.
> >
> > I lost the connection from my Windows 98 client to my server in random
> > way, I can connect to my server and works well but when I run a process
> > from my client during several minutes (15 or 20) the connection is lost
> > ( in random way).
> >
> > I using Firebird 1.0.2 (Freebsd and Linux version) and FibPlus 4.412 and
> > my client was made with Delphi 5.
> >
> > Can somebody help me ?
>
> Anything (special) in the server log?
>

> With regards,
>
> Martijn Tonies
> Database Workbench - developer tool for InterBase, Firebird & MS SQL
> Server.
> Upscene Productions
> http://www.upscene.com
>

> *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17051153
86:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?
camp=556&lineid=3614674&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>