Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Newbie: Setting the Date format
Author Tim Ledgerwood
I don't know what OS you are using, but in windows, whatever is displayed
(as opposed to whatever is stored) depends on your regional settings.

I understand that (again, however it is actually stored), FB accepts
several different date formats. In my case, I am using Delphi as a
development tool for the client side GUIs, so what I display to the user is
not related to what is stored in the database.

In order to force a certain date format before I post to the DB, I call
SetShortDateFormat or a similar procedure; but I find that I seldom have to
worry about that. If I have to pass an SQL string containing a date to some
query object, then generally I will build the string, making sure that the
date is in the format 'DD-MMM-YYYY' (e.g., '09-OCT-2003') which I have
found is accepted by all SQL servers that I have used.

All my applications use DD/MM/YYYY format.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Tim