Subject Re: [ib-support] Indexs!
Author Thomas Miller
I didn't say it wouldn't create them. The question is whether it will
take advantage of them.

In Oracle I have

Index1 = Column1
Index2 = Column2
Index3 = Column3
Index4 = Column1, Column2, Column3

In Oracle, if the select or where clause takes can take advantage of
Index 4 it will use
it over 1, 2, and 3; In addition, Oracle will use a "complex" index for
doing joins on
tables. I was told that IB could not and would not try to take
advantage of Index 4.
It would piece together Indexes 1, 2, and 3.

Is this true? and what is the best way for FB today?