Subject Re: MySQL vs Firebird - the slow decay
Author Andrew
--- In ib-support@y..., "Ann W. Harrison" <aharrison@i...> wrote:
> More users, more buzz, more awareness, more users ... Without
> budget or charismatic leadership, this is tough.

No denying there are some charismatic leaders in the FB community. I
would not like to come up against them in an open debate, thats for
sure. Unfortunately this charismatic bunch all seem to be tied up
earning a living some other way instead of doing what we need them to
do: appearing on panels at cons, getting their mugs (and words) into
db mags and on db websites, film premieres with Tom Cruise, etc.
Wonder if Sun have any more loose change in their pockets. If you
push the anti-MSSQL angle, there's a good chance they'll pitch in,
given that they do like to rub MS's nose in it at every opportunity.

Regards,
Andrew Ferguson
(BTW, anyone keen to help promote Firebird, please visit us at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fbrunners where we are trying to come
up with workable, no-budget ideas!)