Subject RE: [ib-support] Re: MySQL vs Firebird - the slow decay
Author Wilson, Fred
Pavel, please furnish references for your statement:
"
The Firebird/IB OE installed base is now
estimated around one million servers running world-wide!
"

I'm assuming that we're talking commercial sites here, and not just a
developer playing with it on her or his desk.

Best regards,
Fred Wilson
SE, Bell & Howell
fred.wilson@...

-----Original Message-----
From: Pavel Cisar [mailto:pcisar@...]
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 10:46 AM
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [ib-support] Re: MySQL vs Firebird - the slow decay

Andrew,

It seems that you are too new to InterBase/Firebird block :-) IB is well
known among Delphi users, and enjoyed (in Firebird's incarnation) the big
boom for last two years. The Firebird/IB OE installed base is now
estimated around one million servers running world-wide! Far far more
that five years ago. But the majority is on windows and many from that in
personal / single user environment, that's far away from other Open
Source contenders and users. But FB is a live and well., and with bright
future at least in its dominion (Windows & Delphi).

<snip>