Subject RE: [ib-support] Error reading data from the connection.
Author Wilson, Fred
What's the error code or number that's returned. There is more than the text
returned. Also, what's in the Interbase.log file ??

Best regards,
Fred Wilson
SE, Bell & Howell
fred.wilson@...

-----Original Message-----
From: nitaligavino [mailto:Dan.Crea@...]
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 12:45 PM
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ib-support] Error reading data from the connection.

Hello:

Can anyone help me with:
"Error reading data from the connection"

I'm running FB ver 6.2.0576, which I think is RC1. Anyway, I have a
multithreaded application, 5 threads that make direct isc_ API
calls. Each thread has it's own tcp/ip connection to the database.
When I stress the app, I start seeing this error. I found an old
posting of this error as a fixed bug back Interbase version 5.6 and
6.01 related to complex joins. However, I am seeing this error in
simple SQL such as:

INSERT INTO MEDIADATA (MKEY, AGENTID, DISPLAYNAME, DISPLAYINFO,
SINGLEAGENT, QUEUENAME, ANNOUNCEDELAY, EXPIRETIME, DISPOSITION)

I have also received this error during an isc_commit_transaction()
call.

Is this a bug? I search the bug list but did not find anything open?
What exactly is happing here? How do I resolve this?

Thanks