Subject Re: [ib-support] Working with arrays
Author Dimitry Sibiryakov
On 11 Sep 2002 at 0:54, Jaume Andreu Sabater Malondra wrote:

>Hmmm.. as you said, this doesn't work inside a stored procedure,
>althought I can't guess why. :-(

I can. Jim and other developers decided to avoid troubles with
SELECT statements, constructed inside SP. And they also didn't want
to explain to every stubborn user why he/she can construct UPDATE or
INSERT but not SELECT. Besides, this work would take a big amount of
time which is precious when you work for a corporation like B.

>I just had to remove the CAST code (FIELD_B is integer, but it was
>returning an error when adding the CAST code, and it's working fine
>without it).

Oh, yes, I forgot the size of VarChar. But you are a lucky dog and
the debris of implicit type casting have been enough for your case.

SY, Dimitry Sibiryakov.