Subject Re: Granting Rights to Roles does not work in Firebird
Author mydejamail
I managed to sort out the problem.

It seems that Interbase Workbench and IBOConsole do not
work as well as ISQL. I do not really know why.

Some of the commands work after I commit with Interbase Workbench
and IBOConsole, but some too do not work at all, whereas they are
okay with ISQL

As I am planning to use IBObjects in an application I wonder whether
everything will run smoothly, and how I will have to set things up
if commands are going to be as reliable as ISQL.

This brings me to another problem I found.

After granting table rights to a role 'WITH GRANT OPTION' a user
added
to the role cannot grant rights that are supposed to go with the role,
even though the user logged on with the role.

The following error appears:

SC ERROR CODE:335544351

ISC ERROR MESSAGE:
unsuccessful metadata update
no S privilege with grant option on table/view AFCREDIT

Statement: GRANT SELECT ON AFCREDIT TO MIKE

Is this a known bug or feature?