Subject RE: [ib-support] Granting Rights to Roles does not work in Firebird
Author Alan McDonald
are you committing the command?
show us the command you are using?
Alan
-----Original Message-----
From: mydejamail [mailto:mydejamail@...]
Sent: Monday, 9 September 2002 13:22
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ib-support] Granting Rights to Roles does not work in Firebird

When I try to grant rights to roles in Firebird, nothing happens.

In some cases the SQL statement to grant the right seems to execute
normally, but after checking for the rights, nothing seems to be
updated.

In some cases I get an error stating that the role does not exist.

In others I get the error that the action is not permissible on
system tables.

Using the WITH GRANT OPTION also gives a syntax error.

Can anyone show me a working example or is my version of Firebird,
1.0.0.821 Win32 simply buggy?

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor