Subject Re: [ib-support] How to index on UPPER()? or some othersolution
Author Chuck Belanger
Hi, Helen!

Thanks for the tip. I'm still very new to some of the IB concepts (coming from
FoxPro), such as triggers, so I really appreciate your kindness to include some
detail in your answer.

It works great. What was taking about 27 seconds to check for duplicate
additions (also all the locations trees) for a text file list of items to be
added to the database, now takes less than a second.

I tried real hard to make the collate option work as suggest by Luiz, but it
just wasn't working at all. The test sql didn't work. It was looking like the
dll that was supplied wasn't even loading (I could delete it when I shouldn't
have been able to).

Thanks again,

Chuck Belanger
Richmond, CA